Pin It

How A Social Security Attorney Can Help You

Social Security is a program under the auspices of the federal government; it provides a financial lifeline for many retirees as well as people that, while still employed, suffer from a physical or mental disability.

Rarely is there ever a problem for those people applying for retirement benefits, the evidence they need is on record. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for those people claiming disability benefits; the evidence is often difficult to come by and the system is complex. Approximately 25 percent of those that apply for Social Security disability are granted benefits; that leaves 75 percent that have their claim rejected. It is those that have their claim rejected that need the assistance of a seasoned Social Security attorney in Michigan.

What do claimants have to do to get benefits?

On the surface the process looks quite straight forward; you can even go to a local Social Security office and ask for assistance when completing the forms. It becomes difficult when the claim has been reviewed and the analyst does not see merit in the application. Once the claim has been rejected, the claimant is faced with making a decision; give up or hire a Social Security attorney in Michigan and launch an appeal.

What is the appeal process?

There are various stages of the appeals process. The first step is to request a review of your original claim with a view to reconsidering the decision to deny benefits. Although rejections are periodically overturned at this stage, it is rare as nothing has changed; if the claim was disallowed once, chances are the same claim will be disallowed again on review.

The greatest majority of claims are won during the hearing stage. This is when you and your Social Security attorney in Michigan get an opportunity to meet with an Administrative Law Judge. During the hearing your attorney can resent new and compelling evidence that supports your claim, you can even introduce testimony from expert witnesses.

Although it may take some time to finally be granted your Social Security disability benefits, an initial denial of benefits can be overturned when you engage the professional services of a knowledgeable Social Security attorney in Michigan.

If you have been refused for Social Security disability benefits you are in good company as the majority of claims are denied. This is the time when you need to hire a seasoned Social Security attorney in Michigan. You are invited to contact Thurswell Law.

1 person likes this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *