When auto accidents occur, injured victims are often inundated with pressure from the insurance company. They may find it difficult to recover an equitable settlement simply because the liable driver’s insurance company refuses to be fair. Those victims who face the insurance company without legal guidance are often left to settle for less than they could get if they only had an attorney working on their side. This information will help victims prepare for meeting with an Auto Accident Attorney.
Taking these steps will help individuals prepare for their meeting with the Auto Accident Attorney.
* If possible, it behooves a victim to bring in the police report that was prepared at the scene of the accident. This report provides a wealth of information that can be used in pursuing compensation. It helps to establish liability, which is crucial in any accident claim.
* Any information that can be provided will be useful for the attorney. Taking detailed notes and bringing them to the consultation meeting will allow victims to provide their attorney with the information they need to determine whether or not the claim is a viable one.
* If there were any eyewitnesses to the accident, it is wise for a victim to bring the contact information of the individuals. They can be called in for testifying on behalf of the victim to improve the odds of verifying liability in the accident.
* Photos, videos, and other pieces of information should be turned over to the attorney so they can begin to process the evidence and prepare it for admittance to court.
* Medical bills and lost wage statements can allow an attorney to attach a value to the claim so the right settlement amount can be pursued. Not knowing the value of a claim can prevent a victim from receiving a fair outcome.
If you have been involved in a serious accident that was the fault of the other driver, it is important you exercise your rights and contact an attorney right away. For further information on how an attorney can help in your claim.