Retaining an Experienced Child Support Attorney in Mankato, MN

by | Mar 25, 2020 | Lawyers

The other parent of your children has a legal obligation to provide adequate support to the children until they turn turn 18. When he or she has failed to offer money on a regular basis, you need to go to court to get the judge’s initial support decree enforced.

Rather than go to court alone, you can hire an experienced child support attorney in Mankato, MN to represent you. Your lawyer can petition for the existing order to be enforced, or for a new order to be decreed.

Enforcing the Current Order

When the initial order is sufficient to support your children, you may need your lawyer to ask the court to enforce it. The judge may need to order that the other parent’s wages be garnished to get the money from him or her. This individual’s assets, like tax returns, may also be seized.

Asking for a New Order

If the existing order is not sufficient, you can ask your attorney to petition for a new order. The judge can review the circumstances and adjust the child support amount as needed. This adjustment can help you avoid experiencing financial difficulties as you raise your children.

You can find out more about the services that an experienced child support attorney in Mankato, MN can provide to you online. You can request an initial consultation to find out if you have a solid case to go to court. Visit today.

Latest Articles