There are millions of accidents and other personal injury incidents that happen around the country every year. Most of the victims recover quickly and return to their pre-accident lives, but this is not the case for everyone. Catastrophic injury attorneys represent the victims that are not able to return to life as usual and carry on with their daily activities after a short healing period. For these people, the incident that caused their injury has forever changed who they are and what they must endure.
A catastrophic injury can happen in any number of ways. It could be a work-related event, a vehicle accident, or even a simple slip and fall. The resulting injuries from the event are permanent and affect the life of the victim in a variety of ways.
- Careers are lost and the injuries are too severe for the individual to retrain in another industry or position.
- Following personal hobbies is no longer possible due to the pain or disability.
- The injury has caused a disability that requires the home to be made accessible, special medical equipment is needed, and long-term therapy is required.
- Chronic pain causes loss of sleep and enjoyment in daily life and requires expensive prescription medications to counteract.
- Medical expenses are extensive, and future surgeries and constant medical supervision will continue to be financially devastating to the victim.
- The injuries have caused a loss of marital relations, and an injured parent is no longer able to care for their children as they once did.
Catastrophic injury attorneys understand all of the many ways their clients suffer after a traumatic event. They build a case for their clients that is based on protecting and compensating innocent victims fairly. They always work towards achieving a settlement that will provide enough for all of the potential future expenses of the client and their family as well as compensate the victim for the pain and suffering they have endured. Consultations are free, and all meetings are confidential.