When you are facing criminal charges in Singapore, engaging a criminal lawyer will assist you with the court processes. That way, you will end up with victory or have the charges dropped.
Criminal lawyers in Singapore are well-equipped with Singapore’s court procedures and legal processes. Thus they will assist you with the court proceedings.
Roles of a Criminal Lawyer
Criminal lawyers represent their clients or entities in legal cases by conducting thorough research and convincing tactics. However, in situations where victory isn’t certain, you can get your criminal charges reduced.
The main goal of a criminal lawyer is to convince the judge and jury that their client is innocent. Some of the roles of a criminal lawyer include:
- Gathering facts about a certain case through interviewing their clients and witnesses.
- Representing clients by attending all the legal court proceedings.
- Presenting justifications to the judge and jury for cases at trial.
- Examining the defense and prosecution witnesses at trial.
- Clarifying the law to clients, thus making them understand the legal processes and options they can utilize.
- Establishing opening and closing arguments for each case presented before the court.
- Examining evidence presented against their clients.
Skills for a Criminal Lawyer
Criminal lawyers implement several skills which enable their clients to gain victory. Some of the skills include:
- Proper knowledge of the criminal justice and systems of the court.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Well-acquainted with the local, state, and federal criminal laws.
- Strong research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Convincing skills.
- Awareness of the criminal defenses and the proper time to use each.
If you have found yourself on the wrong side of the law facing criminal charges, hiring criminal lawyers in Singapore would be the best option. The criminal lawyers will handle your case through all the court proceedings, ensuring you have won the court case or get your criminal charges reduced or dropped.